Thursday, December 3, 2009

Timeless Treasures



At this time of the year I believe I am more affected by the past than any other time of the year...probably just like many other people. I am very nostalgic. I am going to be presenting vintage all month long on my blog. First and foremost there is a website www.rubylane.com you must visit. Just like ETSY you can join for free. Rubylane is full of vintage and antiques shops. It is always my first stop when I want to know about an old piece of timeless treasure I have acquired. Pictured here we have what I call functional vintage. A vintage Pyrex gravydish and saucer in the Crazy Daisy design and a vintage Pyrex princess casserole done in the pink Gooseberry design. Functional vintage means to me that not only are these pieces collectible but also they still can be used in todays modern kitchen. I recently found these two pieces of timeless treasures to add to my collection. I used them at my Thanksgiving table this year. For other vintage pieces start with www.gnormyle.etsy.com and check out the new vintage items available at Glenna's Garden at this time of the year. Best wishes for happy holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment