Friday, July 9, 2010

WEATHER IS TOO HOT TO HANDLE

I hope you enjoy this beautiful Fall treasury I created today in search of cooler temperatures and my favorite season!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c370ff1a4088eef64a12430/fresh-fall-finds-from-etsy

Wow it has been incrediably hot. I was made sick for a few days because of the heat. I have many illnesses and suffer when it is hot. A/C is not central in my home and in NH most homes don't have any A/C at all. Many fans and a struggling window A/C unit is what is keeping me alive. It has been miserable. It is feeling a bit cooler today and we are supposed to have big thunderstorms this afternoon. That will help. I once again apologize for no Feature Friday this week. Blame it on the heat! We are now set for the next two Fridays to have features from two talented ladies.


In search of a refreshing and cool recipe I came accross this one to share with you!

Watermelon-Lemonade Ice Pops

Makes 8

Recipe by Rozanne Gold
July 2002
From Bon Appetit website

Ingredients

•2 cups (packed) finely chopped seeded watermelon

•3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate (half of 12-ounce can), thawed

•3 tablespoons sugar

•Pinch of salt

Preparation

•Combine all ingredients in processor. Puree until very smooth. Divide mixture among 8 ice pop molds (each about 1/4 to 1/3 cup capacity). Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 5 days. ENJOY!

The grandbabies are now two weeks and one week old. Where does time go?



Emelia two weeks old




                                                          
Carter one week old


STAY COOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment