Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BIRDWINGS BUTTERFLIES WEDNESDAY

Wow these are big butterflies check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdwing

I found it while reading about how swallow tail butterflies have made such a fantastic come back in the Eastern US this year. Two hard winters 2009/2010 killed off their predators perhaps scientists are thinking. I have always loved butterflies since I was a young girl and have had butterfly gardens where all of the plants were specifically planted to attract butterflies.

Well let's watch the gardens grow it is cool 66 today and rainy again. We have been like this for a few days now. It frustrates me because all of my pictures for my shop are done using natural lighting. I haven't seen sun since Sunday. So sales jumped at the shop check it out I did using google analytics. See my sold items at http://www.gnormyle.etsy.com/ some items are available in multiples all of my art is original though. Most of the jewelry is glass, stones or crystals and real silver. I have many choices for beads and a really cool ring idea I found recently. I have many new ACEO's to list in my shop I was looking through them today. I am always amazed at what I create then I have to choose ones to list in my shop. That is hard because I love them all and would love to list all of them for sale. I have a couple of new greeting cards I made recently and some vintage to list just as soon as the sun comes back. So meanwhile I have more time to create too. YAY!

I have spent my time wisely so far this week. I am all caught up on mail, feedback, and now working on organizing supplies. Setting up for Fall and all other supplies are stashed away, well except for Christmas what little I have of that and well now I know that I need to find some Chistmas materials soon.

In my studio main desk:


Yes we have purple and orange going on here early with pink flamingos.
Indoor Basil Garden 2010
Nothing beats fresh basil! Especially when it is growing this well indoors!


Excellent recipe courtesy mentioned:

Popcorn Shrimp Salad Sandwiches Recipe
From The Shrimp Council and SeaPak Shrimp Company

Woman's Day Magazine March 12, 2010

Active Time: 7 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes

Recipe Ingredients

1 (12 oz) package SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp or SeaPak® Jumbo Popcorn Shrimp, frozen

1 cup mayonnaise (add more if desired)

1/2 cup fresh onion, finely diced

1 - 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced

1 large hard-boiled egg, diced

2 Tablespoons dill pickle relish (or substitute diced dill pickles)

2 - 3 hoagie rolls or panini bread

Recipe Preparation

1. Prepare the shrimp according to package directions. Set aside to cool for 3 minutes.

2. Add mayonnaise, onion, garlic, hard boiled egg and pickle relish to a large bowl. Stir to incorporate ingredients.

3. Add warm shrimp to mayonnaise mixture and stir until shrimp are fully coated. Spoon onto hoagie rolls and serve.

ENJOY! Courtesy of Glenna's Garden

Serve with light refreshments like iced tea or lemonade.



Glenna's Garden studio purple wall Ninja!








No comments:

Post a Comment