Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Twice Baked Potatos Tuesday

This is a wonderful site if you like to bake and if not well then just dream about having some large frosted animal cookies and so much more.
http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2010/07/frosted-jumbo-animal-cookies.html

Another love twice baked potatos:

Original Recipe Yield 8 servings

Ingredients

4 large baking potatoes

8 slices bacon

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

4 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

8 green onions, sliced, divided

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.

3.Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.

4.When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.

5.Bake for another 15 minutes.

The Aweteam is going to participate in the ETSY pillowcase campaign. I might buy some children's pillowcases already made or I had an idea. Buy some plain pillowcases and send along washable paints in kits. Maybe or maybe not?  I can't sew right now but I want to be a part of this!

I filled up my shop again! Check it out at http://www.gnormyle.etsy.com/ will you please let me know if my pictures are bright enough and clear to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Glenna,

    Hope you and your family, especially your new little grandson and his mommy are doing well.

    I love baked potatoes and twice baked is even better (yummm!) Thanks for the recipe. I love the look of your shop. There's only a couple of photos of the yellow and red earrings that is a tiny bit blurry, but you can still see them well enough.

    I have to go to AWEteam and check out the pillow case project. Is it on facebook because I get too confused on the Yahoo mail.

    Hoping you'll have a wonderful week!
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is well! Thanks so very much for asking. Same to you!

    ReplyDelete