Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Sewing Basket







I am 50 and I have had this sewing basket since I was around the age of 5. It was a gift to me from my grandmother, my mother's mother. So that makes it approximately 45 years old. It is a relic and still usable. Nice big pincushion on the underside of the top. It shows some age and wear but that is just character. I am so excited to have a new sewing machine now to go with this cute little girl's antique sewing basket. Check out http://www.gnormyle.etsy.com/ especially on July 3, 2009 when the shop owners at Etsy are going to be having our first ever firstfridayartwalk. From then on every first Friday of each month there will be a firstfridayartwalk open to everyone stop by the participating shops who show this nicely made banner and check out our sales just for the firstfridayartwalk.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely sewing basket and the fact that you had it for so long makes it priceless, doesn't it? I didn't know about Art Walk. Thanks for posting it. Sometimes I get behind with my reading.

    ReplyDelete