Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SO DOWNTOWN WAS NICE TODAY

I had to make yet another quick trip on foot to downtown, Manchester, New Hampshire, or Manch Vegas as it is called or the Shires. This trip involves one hour of walking. It was so nice out in the shade. Great walk and I feel renewed and refreshed. Today I finally have pictures and new items to list in my shop. There is more to do but I am only one person doing many things that always keep me busy. It is going to be another 88 degree day here. It is now the noon hour and I don't feel hunger yet. So I will blog.

This quote means a lot to me so I thought I would share it with you.

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were." Kahlil Gibran



This is a numbered vintage ceramic plate Made in Italy by Nove
I blogged about how I became the recepient of this beautiful leaf plate yesterday.
Strange thing is I have always wanted one but it was not affordable to me.

Purple being my favorite color dominates this beautiful afghan I received, which I also blogged about..


Here is a sneak peek at some items going up for sale at Glenna's Garden http://www.gnormyle.etsy.com/




I am sharing this recipe with you from StonyField Recipes. http://www.stonyfield.com/  It is a local farm nearby where I am located in Manchester, NH

Do you have a local Farmer's Market? We have a very nice one here in Manchester, NH.

Avocado, Yellow Beet, and Green Bean Salad


The combination of creamy avocado with the crunch of crisp beets and the snap of green beans is a real palate pleaser. The colors are as startling and varied as the tastes. Key to this easy-to-prepare salad is avoiding overcooking the beets; they should still be crunchy. Cook in salty water until your fork just pierces them and the skin is easy to remove.

makes: 4 servings

Ingredients

4 yellow or red beets washed, trimmed and quartered
2 cups green beans, trimmed
1 cup Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice (optional)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 avocados peeled and diced
4 ounces goat cheese
1/3 cup of chopped hazelnuts
10 ounces salad greens

Directions

Place beets in a medium size pot. Add enough water to cover them and season the water with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 minutes until a fork just pierces the beets. Remove the beets from boiling water and run under cold water, removing the skins. The skins should come off easily. In the meantime bring 2 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, until bright green. Remove beans and rinse under cold water.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, pomegranate juice, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.

On 4 plates arrange mixed greens, beets, avocados, and green beans. Drizzle each salad with dressing and garnish with goat cheese and hazelnuts. ENJOY!

Time to go back to work. If you want to be on my Feature Friday on this blog please let me know. You have to be an ETSY shop owner. This project is my part of a larger group promoting ETSY shops the AWEteam FIRSTFRIDAYARTWALK on ETSY!

My grandson's favorite saying Nice to meet you! (from a 2 year old) and see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Glenna ;o)

    The plate and afghan are beautiful! I'm going to be trying out the recipe! It sounds so good! Our farmers market is only on the weekends. I love going to it! Good to support local! And, I will be looking in your shop for the new articles!

    Have a great day! Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenna,

    I have been walking early in the morning - I'm on my summer schedule where I do my outdoor things very, very early and then hibernate the rest of the day - this way I don't feel like I'm losing out on nature.
    That is a pretty green leaf plate, perfect for appetizers maybe?

    I'm definitely going to try that recipe...it's something I would enjoy becaue I'm into veggies big time and I love avocado too...it sounds wonderful.

    Thank you and have a great week - keep cool!
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete