Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Life is but a Breath

Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath; my eyes will never see happiness again. Job 7:6-8

Today is Ash Wednesday where by Christians get ash smudged on their forehead and it is the beginning of Lent where you give up a bad habit or resolve to do some thing better for the next six weeks. For me that will be to walk more! Which ties into one of my 12 goals for 2012 starting in March anyway.
Breathe new life into yourself. Try something new that is what my goals for 2012 are all about. Each month something new for March it is going to be about starting a life long commitment to myself to start walking everyday that it is nice to go out. I must do that for myself. I love myself. I am so looking forward to Spring. We got another dusting of snow overnight. It is currently 31 degrees. Day two I am trying Mucinex and it seems to be taming the breathing problems and doing its' thing. I wouldn't say that I feel cheerful and refreshed like the commercial on TV. I am tired still. I think I cough a lot at night and that is disturbing my sleep.

I still promise some fourth birthday party pictures. I am waiting to get some from my daughter in law.

In other year's I have taken the following Spring pictures. I know I need a bit of cheer and I hope to spread it to you! Here is some color for all of us while it is so drab and wintry outside. No sun today for us yet!

Our beautiful forsythia bush! Manchester, NH
Photography by Glenna Normyle (me)

Granite wall along the highway with pretty green ivy. NH is the granite state.
Photography by Glenna Normyle (me)

Today is errand day I get to run around and do errands. What do you like to do for errands? What don't you like? I like to find deals. I like to go to thrift stores too. The dollar store is the best place to go to find the unusual one of a kinds. I love to get a good book for a dollar too. Today though I am going to get food go to the PO and go to the drugstore. To get food too. That should be it and maybe lunch!

Unusual Way to Grow Succulents

http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/unusual-succulent-container-gardens/pictures/index.html
Wherever you are I hope that Spring is coming soon for you! Also have a wonder filled day too! Big garden dreams for all!

UPDATE
It is actually 52 degrees out right now and it feels like Spring. What a beautiful day Praise be to Him!

Allow yourself to breathe in and out slowly. Allow your breath to bring you to a place of calmness. Allow yourself to be calm like the eye in the center of the storm.       

No comments:

Post a Comment