Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ladybugs are Awesome

Happy Labor Day Holiday Weekend!

Just when I thought I would do nothing this weekend. I was asked to watch my grandsons tomorrow. My son and DIL have to work. I am already planning activities to bring for the boys to do and books I have at home to take with me to read to my grandsons. They are ages 2 and 4. I have a great new Family Circle issue for October 2012 that I will bring too. That I will leave for my DIL to read.

Please be kind to a ladybug!

SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LADYBUGS: ~There are nearly 5,000 different kinds of ladybugs worldwide and 400 which live in North America. ~A female ladybug will lay more than 1000 eggs in her lifetime ~A ladybug beats its wings 85 times a second when it flies ~Ladybugs chew from side to side and not up and down like people do. ~ Ladybugs make a chemical that smells and tastes terrible so that birds and other predators won't eat them. ~If you squeeze a ladybug it will bite you, but the bite won't hurt. ~The spots on a ladybug fade as the ladybug gets older. ~Not all ladybugs are really ladies ~All ladybugs are born black ~Because Ladybugs eat lots of aphids and other pest insects, many gardeners and farmers use them for pest control instead of chemicals. ~Not all Ladybugs have spots. ~Ladybugs will clean themselves after a meal. ~Ladybugs come in many colors like pink, yellow, white, orange and black.

Lately I have been not feeling well so I haven't been online much. I feel like I just lost the whole end of this summer, the month of August that is due to Paxil withdrawal. The temperatures are cooling down and the humidity is much lower. It feels so nice outdoors early morning and late evening especially. I am looking forward to Fall. Maybe even Winter it is so pretty when the snow falls.

Some nice internet sites to explore just for you~

Smores Dip

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/smore-dip/cef73b53-744b-4b45-a23e-692f4d55ee0a/

DIY Polka Dot Tablecloth

http://www.inspiredtoshare.com/2012/08/diy-confetti-tablecloth/

How to Make  Recycled Paper Wreath for Fall

http://craftingagreenworld.com/2012/08/31/how-to-recycled-paper-wreath-for-fall/

From Dover Publications


On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... that there is a time and a season for everything.
It may be a time of new beginnings, a time of growth, a time of reaping the harvest of hard work, or a time of rest. Trust this beautiful order. Everything in its time.

No comments:

Post a Comment