Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thrilling Thursday







I just read the nicest letter from one of my customers that purchased a handmade card I had made using vintage papers from 1940's. It fills my heart with such pride to know I made someone happy today. I was outside Glenna's Garden this afternoon and decided to do an early pick off the lilac bush. I brought them in and they are now filling my studio with the best lilac smell ever. I took a picture of them to share with everybody sorry I can't share the smell too. I was working on clear glass project with pressed flowers today. Azaleas from SC are the first to go on. When I am finished it will look so beautiful with the light from a votive candle shining through. I took a picture of this project and will do so in stages so you can see how it is done. It looks like the glass has glue on it but that comes off with a bit of water now that the flowers are set. I will be adding some more flowers to the sides of the bowl to complete it. It has been raining a lot for the last couple of days and cloudy up here in New Hampshire. I also want to show you a picture I took of not one but two sets of vintage earrings that were given to me recently by a seller on Etsy. They are both extremely delicate. I have worn the screw in pair and got a lot of compliments. Where did you get those earrings? They are very both a very nice shade of blue topaz which is my birthstone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! Lilacs are my most favorite plants. I could smell that scent till I pass out. My grandma had a purple and a white lilac bush and I just simply adore them.

    I am trying a couple of lilac bushes here in the South. They are supposed to be specificly bred for this area, but so far no luck, probably because I have them in a pot, but they are small plants in a BIG pot...I've had them for 2 years and just today I noticed a few, tiny lilac flowers. I hope they will get better with every year.

    ReplyDelete