Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Today is Tuesday




Over this weekend I had many more sales again here at Glenna's Garden http://www.gnormyle.etsy.com/ . I have been making use of my stimulus money to purchase supplies for the garden shop. I have oodles of projects designed and when I get the materials I will be able to start making some really sweet things for Glenna's Garden. We might be moving to a much larger studio (very nearby) and Glenna's Garden will nearly triple in size. I am so excited. I won't have to share my studio with everybody. I will have my own room finally. I have been enjoying a beautiful day today. It is warming up again. I have some pictures to share. I love the one of my fiancees grandmother from the late 1800's. She is so sweet and angelic. All of the Victorian decoration and pomp on her is gorgeous. I feel very fortunate to have a copy of this and just got her yesterday after the funeral of her daughter, my fiancess Mother. This little girl's name is Collette. She is framed now and will be hanging up among my many family members, all in black and white, that are decorating the walls of Glenna's Garden studio.
When I was a little girl I took to art before I could even write my name. Here is a picture of an Easter egg I made close to 47 years ago. Every Easter I take it out and hang it up for a bit. I thought I would share it with the world before it goes back into storage. It still has many bits of colored eggshell on it and is in excellent shape. I was on the Art Linkletter Show as a young child as well. It was so long ago I can not remember what I did on the show.

2 comments:

  1. The little girl in the picture is adorable!!!
    I wish I could have a room in the house just for me and my work too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how interesting. Isn't it nice to have a little memorabilia from times gone by. I have some old beige and black photos from my family too - and I have them in a big picture collage frame. I love them. Makes me feel closer to my family, even though many are dead and living so far away (in Germany) I'm a sentimental old fool and I'm not ashamed to admit it ;-)

    ReplyDelete