Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sultry Hot Saturday

Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

This heat is going to continue right into August 2012. Not good. We need rain. The Midwest is in a drought. I am in NH and it is hot 90 is what it is supposed to be today. The electric companies are going to make out with all the A/C and fans going. My bill was double last month. I am staying in today and getting my domestic duties done today and hopefully my son can take me grocery shopping tomorrow.

I have no plans crafty wise for the rest of the weekend. I drew this owl ACEO this morning.

"Masked Owl" Ink ACEO by me (Glenna Normyle) 8/12


I have been into dots circles and polka dots lately. I am looking for those little pompoms in all sorts of colors. I am sure I will find them somewhere. I also love to draw owls. You should see my collection of owls ACEOs and ATCs. Imagine a real feathery one. Art that you touch and feel. I love to make ATC's and other size pages of art meant to be touched. You use another sense and the pleasure you get from the piece of art work is enhanced. All of my ACEO's Ink Drawings are right away protected with a clear plastic envelope that opens at the top.


My baby spider plants have babies now check this out. I have moved them out of the direct sun and put them up on some totes in front of the wandering jew cuttings that are rooting in my studio garden. Here are some recent pics as of today of the garden.

Baby spiders plants all grown up with babies of their own.


Early morning in the garden.


I love to do collages and this is one that I started last month and completed last month.



Artwork: Collage "Nature" by me (Glenna Normyle) completed July 2012


Gardens on top of city busses! Where?


http://www.urbangardensweb.com/2011/02/01/gardens-on-top-of-city-busses/


I hope you have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment