Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

I just love the sound of the rain gently falling out side my studio window. It is a cold rain today and I am nice and warm inside. One of those days you want to curl up with a good book. I had plans to run errands but not today. I don't even want to get out of my jammies today. I am in more pain than usual hmmmm must be the weather. My son asked me last night if I would care for my grandsons this Sunday. Of course I said " YES! What time? " If I don't get a shopping trip this weekend that is just fine with me. When Nana is needed I am there. Do you have grandchildren? What are some of your favorite moments with them? I would say one of mine would be the first time I held each one of them right after they were born and I felt such a special bond with each of them are the best times ever in my life. A grandmotherly bond. God has truly blessed me with two very special gifts! They are ages 3 and 7 months and 14 months old now. The little guys are going to be Batman and Robin for Halloween. I can't hardly wait to see them both dressed up. I will share pictures of them in another post. What are your plans for Halloween? I don't ever get any visitors because I live in a secure building with a locked front door. That is inner city life for you. This year I want to get one small pumpkin from the market just for me. So cute to carve a mini pumpkin. If this works out I will share pictures of my mini pumpkin. Of course it is still a bit of time away from all of that. I am one of those people who loves to dream about doing things so I have something to look forward to.  I am still really looking forward to my older sons 34th birthday October 8th then Thanksgiving/Family Reunion and my birthday November 28! How fun and then Christmas after that and then 2012 and the New Year! So many events in such a short amount of time. I am always humbled by those who don't have it like I do for my problems in life always pale in comparison to others. I thank my God for everyday I awake to a new day thank you for this day God! One of my favorite art bookmarks I have created is in a recent Etsy treasury which can be viewed here http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTUyNDkyODF8NzI1ODAyNDUy/cant-go-wrong-with-purple-2?index=9  it is the vintage purple peacock bookmark set on the bottom right hand corner. It is sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment