Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reassurance: The Gift of Time

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanks giving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7.

I like this scripture from the bible. It is calming to me, reassuring. Life has been testy for me for 14 years now. The latter 5 years being the most difficult due to multiple health issues occuring in a short period of time. I am happy to say I am coming up in November on my fifth anniversary year of recovery from cancer. This has been the most challenging time ever in my life.

Finding purpose in my life was and has been a huge struggle for me. That was until I became connected to others in the outside world around me, people I wouldn't normally know from all around the world on my computer. When I learned to be grateful for what I do have because my problems pale in comparison to others, I learned that I had a closer relationship with God because I have more time for him now. I am most grateful for that. What a great gift!!! The gift of time. Time I have a lot of time on my hands now that I am medically retired early at a young age. More time to pray! Time to continue to learn new things everyday on my computer via the internet. Time to meet new people. Time to rest. Time to enjoy peace and quiet. Time for my garden. Time for my grandsons. Time for family and friends. Time still flies though!!!!! No matter what! That is my one purpose in life now to use my time wisely!


Time to design and create!            

                                       
Time to draw some thing whimsical!

Time to draw something elegant!


Time to write this blog! Thanks be to God for so much time!

No comments:

Post a Comment