Saturday, April 7, 2012

Light from Heaven

The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:29
My favorite contemporary artist has gone to Heaven. He apparently died of natural causes at the age of 54. I would like to share with you something he was quoted as saying in 2002.

"With whatever talent and resources I have, I'm trying to bring light to penetrate the darkness many people feel." Thomas Kinkade

http://news.yahoo.com/kinkade-artist-drew-many-fans-few-critical-raves-223158752.html
I found this blog today and they have two great recipes and/or directions for making the perfect hard boiled egg and for Au Gratin Potatoes. So far I think this blog is great......it is like a book I love to read blogs if they have nice content. If they interest me I will stick with them and read them daily. This one gets 4 stars so far until I read some more.

http://its-fitting.com/

I am ready for Easter dinner. I am making my son and I a small spiral ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh green beans for my son, asparagus for me and rolls. I am making strawberry short cakes with lite whipped cream topping for dessert.

I have been caring for my younger grandson for the past three days. Just when my feel good Nana feelings were waning I got walloped. The baby 21 months old had another ear infection so he is on an antibiotic for it. He also starting coughing really bad so his doctor put him on a short term steroid to open his lungs up and he is back on his nebulizer and Albuterol treatments. It wiped me out caring for him I slept over 12 hours last night. Today I went out for lunch and then grocery shopping. The crowds were large. I look forward to a peaceful quiet evening and Easter day. Last night I gave my grandsons cards for Easter. I put bunny rabbit confetti in them. My four year old grandson enjoyed that. He made me a couple coloring pages for Easter. He is learning to write his name now and loves to trace letters.

It has been in the 50's during the day and very windy with nightly lows in the 30's Spring is definitely popping up everywhere there is alot of yellow forsythia and all of the white and pink blossoms on the trees and bushes. That is so pretty. The bulbs have popped up too. Every where you can see the colorful tulips and daffodils plus hyacinths. The grass in green again.

Where ever you are have a wonder filled time!

This is a picture of my Grandmother and Grandfather immigrants to the USA from Finland. The young boy (standing on the car) is my oldest uncle on my father's side of my family. I am 1/2 Finnish and very proud of it.  I love the cross that is formed from the lights and darks in this photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment