Saturday, December 10, 2011

So Cold Saturday


I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Praise Him for my continued healing from bronchitis and for my baby grandsons (almost 1 1/2 years old now) healing from pneumonia. This has been a particularly rough fall/winter so far for illnesses for both of us.
After about a month now I am finally getting out to go grocery shopping. It is a good thing that I stock up on food to get by in situations like these when I am too ill to leave the house.
It is 30 degrees this morning. Wednesday night we had a small amount of snow. Nothing that stuck much and when the sun came out it was gone. I turned the heat on briefly this morning to take the chill out of the air.
I am done decorating for Christmas. It looks festive with the cute gingerbread people that my sister gave to me. One of her patients made them and she bought them for me. I have some leftover which I may string across my living room window. I still need to finish shopping and sending cards. Also I have to send my gifts to my sister in SC.
I have been having fun playing Scrabble with my friend Joan and my sister on Facebook. My friend is so good and she is already beating me the secondtime around. My sister and I are neck and neck. Both games have pretty much just started. Do you like to play Scrabble? If so you should check it out on Facebook. You can play it all at once or take your time and play your turn when you are able to.
I am making turkey dinner for my son and I this year. With all of the fixings too. I have my turkey and I need to get the rest of the items today. I am going to make a pudding pie. So easy to do just make pudding for a pie on the box and pour into a premade pie shell and refrigerate. Serve it later. I am all about making nice things but easy things now that I am older. I will be seeing my grandsons and others for Christmas morning. I love it! Very exciting especially with the older grandson who will be four in February. This year is it for him and Santa. He wants a bat cave with batman figures. Since we will be having breakfast. I am thinking a variety of bagels, cream cheese, fruit salad, juice, coffee and hot chocolate. Once again easy to fix no stress no fuss! This has become our family tradition now. What are some of your family traditions for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment