Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Washed Out Wednesday

If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. Doing this will be like pouring burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you. Proverbs 25:21-22
Today this early AM it is 35 degrees out. Nice and warm in my studio. I thought I would start out with this recipe to share with you which I found at www.whatshername.etsy.com

Teatime Tassies

1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup all purpose flour
Have cream cheese and butter at room temp.
Blend together and stir in flour.
Chill one hour.
Shape into two dozen one inch balls.
Place in miniature muffin pans.
Press against sides and bottom to form a cup.
Fill with pecan or lemon fillings (you could try other fillings as well).

Pecan Filling
2 eggs
1 cup light brown sugar
2 Tbls. butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt
1 cup chopped pecans
Beat together first five ingredients.
Stir in nuts.
Put tablespoon of filling into each miniature pie crust.
Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

Lemon Filling
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
juice of 2 lemons
1/3 cup melted butter or marg.
Beat all ingredients together.
Pour into unbaked shells.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes

Do you know about Three Kings Day if not this website explains it very nicely

http://three-kings-day.123holiday.net/

Today is wrapping day for me. Just two gifts one for each of my grandsons. Maybe I will take a walk if it warms up enough and possibly create something nice either make a craft or make a small drawing an ACEO today. I am trying to think of things to do to stay busy. I am "on call" for Nana duty until Christmas Eve. My son is going to be working hard and not taking any days off and my DIL can't take time off at all. I love being a Nana and my two grandsons are the light of my life. Praise Him for the best gifts ever!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment