Seven New Things You Will Learn About Me
1. I am a cancer survivor (muscle cancer 2006)....it really changed me
2. I love chocolate.....should write about this
3. I love God.....there is no other way!
4. I have been in every state in the US except for Hawaii and Alaska....love to travel
5. I want desperately to lose weight.....medications and my health conditions make it very difficult...I walk
6. I love cats but I can't have one due to building restrictions.
7. I am a Nana to a 2 year old grandson. My next grandson, baby brother, is due in July. I love them dearly and already feel bonded with my grandson before he is even born.
Here is my first blogger award! Thanks Eileen!
By the way the cute little basil seedsI blogged about and planted just last Friday night are already sprouting! I love fresh herbs They are so easy to grow.
FOR CINCO DE MAYO
From Woman's Day Magazine
February 1, 1996
Yield 3 cups
Total Time: 15 minutes
3 ripe avocados (about 10 ounces each)
1⁄2 cup diced ripe tomato
1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallions
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 large fresh jalapeño pepper, minced, with some of the seeds
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1. Halve avocados, remove seeds and scoop pulp into a medium bowl. Coarsely mash with a potato masher or fork.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve immediately, or cover surface directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 30 minutes. Serve with tacos or as a dip with a big bowl of chips. Choose avocados that give gently to pressure. For best flavor, make no more than 30 minutes before serving.
ENJOY YOUR DAY! Happy Cinco De Mayo