Thursday, May 20, 2010

THIRSTY THURSDAY



This is an all beaded handmade tiny vintage Indian pendant. It will be available for sale in my shop soon just in time for Father's Day under the Section Shop for Pop!

So it is definately warmer today much warmer and sunny. I love iced tea and iced coffee. I think that came from living in FL. Today I made a cute little box by decorating a tiny matchbox and it is functional to put small things in. I also scored another cigar box from the corner bodega. YAY! I love to decorate boxes and they make perfect storage containers. Sometimes I make fancy ones for jewelry or I will use a vintage card to decorate the outside of the box. I am low in my shop at Glenna's Garden http://www.gnormyle.etsy.com/ so I am making more items to list. Tomorrow is Feature Friday on my blog here and this time I am featuring Doris from GA. She crochets the most adorable bees and many other great items. I am excited to feature her and her ETSY shop. If you want to be featured please let me know or let your friends know. Next week's spot is already taken but I am open after that. Please contact me ASAP so I can get started on your layout and design. You provide the pictures.

SWEET TEA

Ingredients:
1 pinch baking soda
2 cups boiling water
6 tea bags of any flavor you have
3/4 cup white sugar or use your substitute to your liking
6 cups cool water

Directions

1.Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda into a 64-ounce, heat-proof, glass pitcher. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags. Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.

2.Remove tea bags and discard, stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour in cool water, then refrigerate until cold.
 
You can add sugar to your liking by the glass full as well, that is what I do because I use Splenda or Equal.
 
AHHHH quench that thirst! I cheat and pour the first glass full before it is cooled completely and I add ice cubes.
 
I used Green Tea today! Do you like teas? Tomorrow I will give you a recipe for iced coffee. Remember if you don't want caffeine you have many options for decaffeinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment