Thursday, May 6, 2010

THUNDERSTORMING THURSDAY


Fresh Sweet Basil sprouting at Glenna's Garden Studio



Beautiful lilacs brought in from outside at Glenna's Garden Studio



There are so many different varities of bleeding heart plants. Some examples are shown above.
           There is Old Fashioned Bleeding Heart in the gardens outside of my studio.

Today a vintage siamese cat card of mine is featured in the following treasury.
 WARNING: Treasuries on ETSY sadly go away so view it quickly. Here is the link! ENJOY!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4be070eba2856d9152ccf518/omg-i-forgot-which-month-it-was


It is early in the morning yet I am enjoying my coffee and taking in this new day. Temperatures are supposed to fall today and the humidity is going to drop. More like May in NH. There is even a prediction that it will go as low as 44 one night. The gardens will be alright. I need to get some pictures taken today there are so many beautiful plants blooming. One of my favorites is the perennial known as bleeding hearts plant. The strawberries have the most adorable white flowers on them again. I will share some pictures in this blog later on today. I joined a great site recently called swap-bot.com I have already joined up with 5 different swaps! Way too much fun! Check it out for yourself you will be happy you did. I am making this tonight. Real easy!

I was just visiting Campbell's Soup website. I was looking for chicken recipes instead I found this one for beef. I am adding fresh chopped sweet peppers to mine with some parmesan chese on top. What would you do with this recipe?

Beef and Pasta

3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
1 3/4 cups Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (about 8 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups uncooked medium tube-shaped or corkscrew-shaped pasta

1.Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.

2.Stir the broth, Worcestershire, oregano, garlic and tomatoes in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover.

3.Cook for 5 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Serve and ENJOY! I like light and easy meals especially in the Spring and Summer months. Add some nice bread and a salad too plus a serving of fruit for dessert.

Very nice meal!

Leftovers well they are always appreciated the next day.

4 comments:

  1. I love your new header photo - it looks like Paradise! I love the bleeding hearts too. They remind me of my grandma because she had a bush in the garden.

    Your temps sound wonderful. I can't wait for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I love that picture too I changed it today to the purple snowdrops from earlier this year. Funny you should mention winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers, ours are taking a beating. To Doris above, we are having winter. I blogged some pictures of my yard that I took yesterday, instead of pretty flowers, I had snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marlene...where are you located? The poor plants :( we are thunderstorming this morning in NH

    ReplyDelete