Thursday, June 28, 2012

Divine Grace

"Even now," declares the Lord, "return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:12-13
Wow what a beautiful morning to wake up to. I spent the night away at my friend's flat here in the city. The windows were open it was so nice and cool. I awoke to a bird singing so pretty. I call it the repeater bird as I have heard some before. This bird as an infinite amount of beautiful sounds it repeats a couple of times over and over and then goes on to another double or triple set and so on. Never the same sound is repeated. The pine trees in the grove looming very nearby are so beautiful to watch the sun come up in. Home to many creatures big and small! I had the most refreshing sleep. A mini vacation in the city! Praise be to Him!

The next few days are supposed to be HOT again. A/C will be on. Our electric bill was $100.00 for last month. We got a break yesterday and that was it.
Today I feel the need again to be creative. I am going to read Genesis some more. I want to start my visual art journal page. I can do this! My head is clear. Grace shall flow freely from my heart.
 Check this out from Dover Publications

On this day of your life, we believe God wants you to know ... that you are to let grace flow freely from your heart.
Brothers playing with cars in the window before school! My grandsons ages 4 and 2.

Think back over the last few days, - how many times have you felt appreciation towards another? How many times have you thought about another: 'what a lovely smile', or 'she is so nice', or 'such a kind man', or any of a myriad of other appreciative thoughts. Did you express them? Did you come up to her and say: 'you are so nice'? And why not? Why did you stop divine grace from flowing freely from your heart? Do you want to change the world to the better? This is it, this is how you start.
Yes I have done that and it feels so good. I did it some more today. Thanking people and telling them how nice they are. It really feels good. Have a wonder filled day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment