Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Light My Path

Your word is like a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. I will do what I have promised and obey your fair laws. Psalms 119:105-106
I am up early it is chilly cool 55 outside at almost 6:30 AM EST in Southern NH USA I have been out for a short walk already. I thought I was going to be at my son's house most of the day now it looks like that I will be getting together with everybody later on and going to the car races. 1/4 mile funny cars nitro trucks jet cars super fast motorcycles and more. It has been awhile since I have been to one of these shows. The last one I went to was the Gator Nationals in FL I have lived here for 6 years and have wanted to go where I am going today/tonight for a long time. My now exhusband and I used to race a 1964 Chevy Impala SS at smaller dragways in MD called 75 and 80 and also Bud's Creek. I have racing in my blood. I have met John Force in person. A racing legend. Looks like it is going to be a nice day weather wise. Praise Him! Thank you for this day!

I had a delicious dinner out last night BBQ baby back ribs, teriyaki rice prepared by me and a garden salad with vinagrette dressing which I made and contributed. I slept well and woke to the beautiful pine trees outside my friend's window. Tall looming trees. Well structured there is a grove of them all different heights. The birds and squirrels love it. It is a great home and playground for them.  A rather large bird landed there this morning. Perhaps one of the hawks or eagles from around here. Beyond that you can see airplanes well also mostly jets coming in for a landing. It is so quiet and a lovely place to visit. Good for ones soul!

On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... that if you feel too busy, you are.
Give yourself permission to be un-busy. Give yourself an hour or a day to simply be. Allow yourself the luxury of a small retreat. Allow your spirit time to be restored. Even God took a day of rest.

Oh I love this. I did take a break from it all last night. This is something I do give myself permission to do and that is take a break. You don't get much of a break when you are younger and raising a family plus working. Now it is my time.

A Tiki Torch Planter To Light Your Way

http://lowescreativeideas.com/idea-library/projects/Tiki_Torch_Planter.aspx














No comments:

Post a Comment