Friday, June 1, 2012

What are ACEO's?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
Today Is National Doughnut Day you can get one for free!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/today-national-doughnut-day-where-one-free-154658229.html


What is an ACEO?

A.C.E.O. stands for: Art Cards, Editions and Originals.

An ACEO is "always" 2.5 x 3.5 inches in portrait or landscape orientation.

Small collectible pieces of original art or a signed "Open" or "Limited" Edition reproduction print by the artist. Designed on the Artist Trading Cards (ATC) which are 'traded' ...ACEO's are for sale to collectors. They allow people all around the world to collect and sell art because of their affordability and that the small size provides ease of shipping.

I have made many ACEO's using all sorts of mediums such as ink, fabric, pressed flowers, vintage playing cards and much more even watercolor. My favorite medium is drawing in black ink. I should be a tatoo artist but I use my right hand to draw with in ink for therapy. Here are some examples of ACEO's made by me Glenna Normyle

Fabric owl collage made by me Glenna Normyle
Pressed flowers ink and color pencil ACEO made by me Glenna Normyle
Playing card ACEO made by me Glenna Normyle
Beautiful Irises Photography by me Glenna Normyle
The irises are in full bloom around here in Southern NH. They are my favorite flower. This picture I took is looking straight into the inside of an iris. These are a light purple. I love the exotic colors such as lime. I have yet to see it growing anywhere though. Some irises have been made to smell good. The most common one you see are the tall bearded irises.

On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... that no matter how good you try to be to others, you will occasionally hurt them. Forgive yourself for it.
The same will happen with them. Forgive them for it.
I do!

I just found this recipe it looks interesting! Stuffed chicken and melted strawberries Yum! I will have to try it. Maybe!
 http://www.recipe.com/parmesan-stuffed-chicken-and-melted-strawberries/?sssdmh=dm17.599422&esrc=nwdr060112&email=2629490458

Another Strawberry recipe for you to try.

http://www.recipe.com/double-dipped-strawberries/?sssdmh=dm17.599422&esrc=nwdr060112&email=2629490458

It is going to be a toasty day going up to 75 degrees per the weather chart. The breeze from the car window was a really nice coolness. I went out this morning for a doctor's appointment at 11:00 AM It was warm in the sun. It is a bright clear and sunny day at 67 degrees currently. My son dropped his car off for its' annual inspection and an oil change. His car is across the street behind where we live or in front of us but definitely south of us right now getting an inspection and oil change. We walked home from the garage. I will tell you something when I first moved to this area there was a man over there that was trying to get my attention from that garage more than once when I was walking nearby it on the street. I finally got to see him today. Or maybe it was someone else? I don't know. It pretty much looked like the same man.


Do you know what kind of moth this is? I know!

I'm not perfect, but He loves me, He chose me and He has a plan for my life. "He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defense; I shall not be moved." Psalms 62:6
HAPPY JUNE 1, 2012! TGIF I hope you all have a wonder filled weekend. We are supposed to get rain! WOO HOO



No comments:

Post a Comment