Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

If you listen carefully to all he says and do everything that I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies. I will fight all who fight against you. Exodus 23:22

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I am having a partial family reunion today with my sister's and their families, my second son, myself and my older son and his family. My brother and his family and our dad will not be there. I didn't find out until last night my brother wasn't coming and dad is in CA so I wasn't expecting him. That makes me sad. I was really excited and hoping for a full family reunion with all of my siblings. I am grateful for what will be!

After resting all day yesterday because I had a cold I am in severe back pain now. If it isn't one thing it is another. I have meds for that and if I can't get things stretched out soon this morning I will have to take a pain pill. I can't walk around all bent over today like the older person I am. My cold instantly felt better when I used my inhaler this morning I can breathe. Then I treated my nose to an inhaler and things were even better. I think that I still have bronchitis and I am going to see my doctor after the holidays.

I am so thankful for so many things and all the people in my life but most of all I am thankful for the life He gave me! What are you thankful for today?

Here are some tips I found for making great mashed potatos. Everybody always loves my mashed potatos and the secret is 2 potatos per person being served that way you have enough that is if you know how to make them well!

http://shine.yahoo.com/tistheseason/bas-step-step-instructions-perfect-mashed-potatoes-150200059.html

I hope you enjoy this wonder filled day where ever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Glena,
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well... hopefully you could enjoy your partial family reunion and took some photos.
    I am thankful for many things, but this year I'm thankful for having had 11 wonderful years with my best friend, Gizzy, whom I lost last week to kidney failure. I miss him terribly and it put a big damper on my holidays...he really left a huge hole in my heart. I'm glad I have Weezie, whom I adopted on 10/15/11 and even though she's not Gizzy, she's a big comfort for me.

    Again, all the best for a speedy recovery.

    Best Wishes,
    Doris and Weezie and Gizzy in spirit!

    ReplyDelete