Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sweet Sunny Sunday

He died in our place to take away our sins, and not only our sins but the sins of all people.1 John 2:2

Who is your best friend?

This website has a lot more information all about sweet potatos but I jumped to the recipes first. They look yummy. One thing I love is sweet potato fries. Do you eat sweet potatos? I do! I am a diabetic. I was told by my doctor and nutritionist to stop eating all whites no white potatos white rice white noodles or white bread. So instead I have switched to 12 grain bread or whole wheat bread brown rice wheat noodles and lastly sweet potatos. This has not been an easy transition for me. I am almost there 100% I can now easily find wheat noodles at the grocery store. They are becoming more popular.

http://www.ncsweetpotatoes.com/sweet-potato-recipes/

Today it is sunny but cold out. It went to 34 last night perhaps colder. It is also morning number one of Fall back daylight savings time. I am still recovering from bronchitis UGH it is really bad to get this. I have needed long naps (4+ hours) the last two days. Then the last two nights I have been burning the midnight oil. I seem to react like this when there is time change. I was up at 9 AM this morning so maybe I can stay awake all day and get to bed at my regular time tonight.

So today I had Nana duty but last night my son called me and said my DIL had the day off and my services were not needed. I miss the little guys so much. I will see them soon at our Thanksgiving Family Reunion. So now I have to figure out some things to do. I am waiting for a friend to bring me the Sunday paper. I need the coupons and also at the beginning of each moth I have to clean out expired coupons so I can do that later on. I also need to get together packages for swaps and blessings perhaps a RAK random act of kindness. I love to surprise members of my Christian Friends group from time to time. Usually I like to choose one of the new ladies that has joined. I have today and tomorrow to get it all together. Tuesday weather wise is looking like it will be a really nice day to walk to the downtown post office.

I could bake some cookies today. I got a new cookie sheet yesterday. I say that like it is a major thing. It is! You should see this heavy duty cookie sheet made by Wilton that I bought. It comes with a lifetime warranty. It weighs a ton. I am definately going to get another one or maybe two. I am going to make drop cookies with a Hershey Kiss topping. I realized after buying a new flavor of kisses called cherry cordial with cream in the middle that this may be an experiment. Usually you use a solid chocolate kiss candy to top these cookies. I will taste them for you and let you know how they turn out in a later post. I will take a picture of course to share with you and the recipe. It is an easy recipe. Do you like to bake?

Dover Publication
Did I tell you about the dozen roses I have here oh yes I did. They have opened up 5 + inches accross! If you were to draw them this is how they would look. They smell heavenly! I hope you have a wonder filled Sunday! I am sure mine will be full of sunshine!





No comments:

Post a Comment