Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dripping Wet Wednesday

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 2 Peter 1:4
It is another wet one today and muggy. I had to run errands a bit ago and I came home to the nice A/C it is like FL out there. You know in FL it rains almost every day mostly in the afternoons. I lived in Melbourne, FL for over 15 years total. I miss it and I don't!  The hurricanes were awful! I don't think I could do that again. Mentally it is was hard and physically second. You take what you can and head for higher ground away from the hurricane but once or twice it followed us. Frightening! Praise Him he has a plan!

I cut that Gerbera Daisy the 3 in 1 and it fell apart today so did another one in the pot and one before that yesterday. The flowers are dropping like flies. I see new growth so I will back off on watering and let it dry out a bit and not get moldy hopefully. Some plants love the garden and others don't. I hope I don't lose it. I have a pretty good green thumb.

I am awaiting the last package of boy scrap book supplies I won on Listia to arrive. They were mailed yesterday from Illinois. So I should be seeing them soon. Then I am officially ready to make scrap books. I thought I was ready before but after making one page I realized I did not have enough supplies to do scrap booking properly. I also have a visual art journal page that needs to be started and finished by May 28, 2012 Well mailed out that day at the latest.

I used to love getting these little booklets called Our Daily Bread in the mail http://www.odb.org/


My adult son that I live with has a birthday coming up. I can't wait to surprise him with something he has wanted for years. I should be able to easily find it at Walmart and so I definately need to go to Walmart and the grocery store this weekend with my friends. Money is tight! I am really feeling the pinch now. Funny how there is always just enough though. I feel really sorry for all of those whom are struggling now with or without a roof over their head. How many people are looking for a job? This doesn't feel like 2012 it feels like the 70's and 80's. Everything seems to be so expensive. I get by with the minimums of food now. I am doing well eating little to no beef and pork. More fish seafood fruit and vegies too. I have stocked up and it made me feel good to be able to give some food to the mail carrriers food collection last Saturday. Right now I have 3 quarters but I need 2 more to make $1.25 so I can wash a load of my clothes. I don't use the dryer. I don't have another $1.25 for that. Some how I will get it though probably this weekend. I have the money it is in my small bank account. I just don't have the physical proper change to wash clothes at the moment. I remember there were times when it came down to do I eat or wash my clothes. That was rough. I had no roof over my head. Praise Him I am grateful for how things have changed for me. Thank you Lord!


Most beautiful violet!

This is what I read and because I have diabetes I decided to give a try. I still slip up once in awhile but it is easy to get right back on track.
http://www.lifescript.com/health/centers/diabetes/tips/cut_out_meat_dairy_to_improve_diabetes_symptoms.aspx?utm_campaign=2012-02-23-105779&utm_source=living-with-diabetes&utm_medium=email&utm_content=tip-of-day_Cut_Out_Meat_Dairy_to_Improve&VID=105779&FromNL=1&sc_date=20120223T000000


Here is a chart from Dover Publications to help you draw and color your own koi

I hope you have a wonder filled crafty day or night!

On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... that every time you pretend to love, you impoverish yourself more and more.
Love has great potential to enrich your life. But if you are just playing a role, pretending to love, it's only going to poison you. Because you are teaching yourself that it's just a game, and slowly but surely you will lose the capacity to open in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment