Monday, May 14, 2012

In the Garden

To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. Ecclesiastes 2:26-25
Rainy Monday again this is three weeks in a row now. Praise Him he knows we must need it! I have grocery shopping to do later on. Just a quick trip I don't need much. All day long to finish organizing and then getting crafty! Oh and clean up here water my plants and I am sure I have forgot something else I have to do!

In the Garden

I come to the garden alone, While the dew is still on the roses, And the voice I hear falling on my ear, The Son of God discloses . . .
And He walks with me, and He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own, And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other, has ever, known!
He speaks and the sound of His voice, Is so sweet the birds hush their singing, And the melody that he gave to me, Within my heart is ringing . . .
And He walks with me, and He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own, And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other, has ever, known!

Words and Music by C. Austin Miles , 1912

Miles intended it as an Easter song; the speaker of the poem is Mary Magdalene.



Today I am starting my visual art journal page titled "In the Garden". It is 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" I chose to use my watercolor 140 lb. paper to make mine on for my swap partner. I am going to do a collage of  things seen in a garden including some surprises here and there. If I make progress on it I will share a picture of it here later on today otherwise tomorrow morning.

The following is a link to some great information about visual art. What is visual art? Principles of design?

http://carlmont.seq.org/~ca_art/Carlmonts_Visual_Arts_Dept_Homepage/Art_Wiki__Element_of_Visual_Arts.html

Wow that is a long internet address!

I hope you have a wonder filled crafty day today!


No comments:

Post a Comment