Friday, December 21, 2012

Betterment

It is better to finish something than to start it. It is better to be patient than to be proud. Don't become angry quickly, because getting angry is foolish. Ecclesiastes 7:8-9
 

Well today according to the Mayan calendar Earth was supposed to end. We had fierce snow blizzards in Midwest and a lot of snow for them. Here in southern NH we have had a lot of rain. I am still here. I didn't believe any of the stuff people were saying about the Mayans. Praise the Lord we are alive! For only God knows our moment that we shall die. For the whole earth to perish at once would be just crazy. Now maybe we can all use this as a wake up call to become better people. I know that for me just being more healthy in 2013 would make me so happy. I still have my tummy troubles. I thought they were gone oh yes things improved for a couple of days. Last night my tummy was hurting again.

Heavenly Father, we thank you for your presence in our lives. We ask that you would let your love surround us during this holiday season. Touch every heart in a special way. Give us a heart of love that we may be a blessing to someone. We ask these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

My son called last night. He needs me to watch my grandsons on Sunday. I am thrilled I get to see them before Christmas morning. I can't wait to hug them, hold them and kiss them.

I am going to work on cleaning my house some more today, all the regular chores. It is raining too much right now to go out besides it is 6:45 AM EST and still dark out. I got lots of rest between yesterday and last night. My hip and left thigh are feeling much better.


Mail art envelope hand drawn by me Glenna Normyle

Today, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know that ...

a new beginning is always possible.

Let the greening of the Earth in springtime be a sign for you that a new beginning is always possible, even after the longest, coldest, darkest winter.

Today is officially the first day of Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment