Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another Nana Day

My friends, do not be surprised at the terrible trouble which now comes to test you. Do not think that something strange is happening to you. But be happy that you are sharing in Christ's sufferings so that you will be happy and full of joy when Christ comes again in glory. 1 Peter 4:12-13
The History of Valentine's Day

http://www.theholidayspot.com/valentine/history_of_valentine.htm

I wonder what it would be like to make a Valentine card for God. That would be fun to tell Him how much I love Him. He would see me while I was working on it. When I was done I wouldn't have to send it Him. I could keep it in my bible.

Yesterday my younger grandson developed a fever so my son picked up both boys and I cared for them for about 3 hours. Today I am caring for the younger grandson and he needs to be seen by a doc. He recently had an ear infection. He is 19 months old now. It is so cute how he says Oh Oh when something happens. He is changing in leaps and bounds. My older grandson is getting more loving with me. He wants to sit with me a lot. He is finally adjusting to little brother. He actually helps him instead of knocking him down all of the time. He will be 4 years old next month. Where does the time go?

I started to work on the small paperbag albums and I decided to do two full size albums instead. The small ones just don't give you enough room to work with. I will probably need more scrapping supplies. These are going to take some time. I briefly laid out one page and this is how it looks.

Scrapbook page of first grandson
You can't see the embossed raised giraffe on the light yellow paper. Nothing is fastened down I am just working with the layout first. I need more items down both sides. The card of Noah's ark will be open to write a thought in.

It is another cold day and it snowed overnight just a dusting again. It is 26 but really feels like 21 degrees out with the windchill factored in. Yesterdays dusting and all previous snows are pretty much gone. So the snow is not piling up like previous years. It is soooooo dry. I will be indoors and warm all day just being a Nana. I love being a Nana. Thank you God for giving me two grandsons!

No comments:

Post a Comment