Monday, October 22, 2012

For the Love of Pinecones

God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
 
I received these lovely ribbon pinecone ornaments today as I had won them on Listia. I wasn't expecting a nice long two page note and the personal phone number from the maker plus supplies to start making my first one though. She even started it for me. These are so neat! I sure do hope I can figure it out. It doesn't look too hard. The end result is wonderful! You could use them year round hanging in your home, in a basket or on your Christmas tree. I think I might be hooked on making these if my fingers will work to do this. In her notes she said you can leave the bow off the top if you are arranging these in a basket. It looks like quilting and looks sewn when finished but it isn't. You fold cut and pin the wide ribbon onto a styrofoam ball. Love it!



Ribbon pinecone ornaments


 
On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... that silence is golden.
When we are quiet, we can hear God's messages to us. Sometimes these messages may be in the form of subtle intuition. Sometimes it may feel like an inner knowing. Sometimes we may hear a 'still, small voice.' If it feels right in your heart, trust that it is God speaking to you.
I love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment