Sunday, October 21, 2012

Playful With Work


Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; Philippians 1:6
   
Today is Sunday. No work today! Actually I do get to play because I don't work. Not enough playing all summer long. Now that the withdrawals from Paxil have subsided so much I have started to feel better. More playful. This means exercise for me. I need to get out and walk and enjoy life. Smile at people. I always think to myself how they have been blessed by me smiling at them. It makes me feel good too!
 
My dear friend Charlene from LA sent me a big box of goodies. I opened it yesterday. There is plenty of new stuff to play with in it. I am excited to start Monday and play. Today is her birthday. Today is also my son's sixth wedding anniversary. I hope he and my DIL have fun today and tonight. Whatever their plans are I do not know.
 
I am so happy I already took pictures of the trees around here. They are almost stripped bare from the wind today. Fall is so beautiful! I love this close up shot I took of the wet fallen leaves.
 
Fall 2012 after a good rain
I need to go through the big box of goodies and put things away today. There is a bunch of Bob Marley and Beatles things like stickers, note cards, pencils and sticky notes. Nostalgia! I don't quite know what to do with all of that. I love it though. When I looked through all of it again I found some neat things to share for Christmas and put in stockings for my Christian lady friends. I have Thanksgiving cards now too. Next year I want to try to make my own Thanksgiving cards. I wasn't ready this year. I think I have come full circle though in one year now and for each holiday and birthdays I am now prepared to make my own cards. That would save me money!
 
On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... that work begins when you don't like what you are doing.
Little children can do the most amazing things with such joy and fun. You were little once too, and knew how to turn everything into a game. So, turn your work into a game, and you will find joy and satisfaction in it. What are some ways you can start being playful with work?

No comments:

Post a Comment