Monday, October 15, 2012

Grateful for Moments




For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. Luke 14:11
Be grateful in the moment. Don’t beat yourself up for not knowing the answers. You don’t always have to know who you are. You don’t have to have the big picture, or know where you’re heading. Sometimes, it’s enough just to know what you’re going to do next.

It is 58 currently this morning. Todays temperatures here in Southern NH will be 70 to 50 with thunderstorms. I was wondering why I was so achy last night. It rained overnight. Now that I am at my most achiness today will be a breeze HA! I suffer from chronic pain. I have a spinal cord stimulator implanted in me to help cover up pain from RSD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_cord_stimulator

I have two discs in my neck that are ruptured and can not be surgically repaired. I have had a spinal cord stimulator since 2007 that would be five years now I don't know how I could possibly live the other way I would be doped up. The pain from RSD which I have full upper body now is the most severe pain that one experiences.

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/

If only one person reads this and it helps them or their loved one or friend I would be so humbled and grateful. They have spinal cord stimulators for back pain too that I don't know about. Yes I do have back pain I have all over pain I have fibromyalgia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001463/

Sometimes I feel so bad it feels like my hair hurts. Now I know that is impossible but I am not exaggerating.

Today I am grateful to be alive live near my sons and grandsons. I saw them 3 times last week. I am so grateful and blessed to have gifts from Him. Praise be to Him!

Today I am either working on scrap books or making cards. I haven't decided which I have the energy for. Scrapbooking is big and easy and cardmaking is smaller and more detail oriented. I feel well rested this morning at 7 AM EST though my ears are ringing horribly. It is most annoying. I just read in last months' Reader's Digest magazine that a German company has come up with a machine to disrupt the ringing I guess basically to turn it off. They are looking for a United States partner. Oh that would be such a relief. I would so love to be in that moment! To experience that!

A friend of mine visited FL recently and she sent me this wonderful postcard about the sand dollar. I learned some things about the sand dollar that I never knew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_dollar

On the postcard it describes the biblical nature of a sand dollar. The inside has 5 little doves of peace. It is called the holy shell and symbolizes the life of Jesus.


Ove the weekend I decided it would be fun to create this ACEO of a raccoon face on a pumpkin. I am still working on it. Here is a picture of what I have drawn in ink so far. I will finish it today and add it to my collection of small art pieces.


Where ever you are I hope today is wonder filled for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment