Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Making Bows

God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 
Today I am working on making a bow for my ribbon pinecone decoration. I located my ribbon here in my stash. I ironed it on low. I also watched some great tutorials on bow making. Here are a couple I will share with you.
 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=gNwLVZc_VN4&NR=1


Oh and for making the ribbon pinecones themselves here are a couple of instructionals.

 http://www.craftsy.com/project/view/ribbon-pinecone-ornament/28196

This first link you have to join I like the picture they show. Also my ribbon pinecones were not made with styrofoam eggs rather a 4 to 5 inch stryofoam ball works just as well too.

I like this tutorial as well.

http://whipup.net/2007/10/09/tutorial-ribbon-pinecone-ornament/
 
I think to secure the bow to my ribbon pinecone rather than use a pipecleaner I am going to use a hat pin and pin a loop of ribbon for which it to hang by. The bow is pinned down to the ribbon pinecone and should be secure. It turned out so nice.

 
 
 















I am so happy I learned somehing new! This is going to be fun making these. First I do need some supplies though!


On this day of your life, Glenna, we believe God wants you to know ... wealth does not come from your bank account, wealth comes from the depth of your heart.
What you really want is happiness. You might believe that a fat bank account will get you there, but that's false. Happy people are happy rich or poor, unhappy people are unhappy rich or poor. Money simply masks your real being by giving you activities to occupy your mind. Don't fool yourself, recession or not, your true wealth comes from your heart and is always only there.
 
Thanks for the reminder! I have so much to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment